Spanish 3 Pre-AP –
In addition to the regular Spanish 3 curriculum, this pre-AP class will use a myriad of authentic resources to focus more on production of the Spanish language through reading, writing, and speaking. We will also base more assessments on performance and synthesis of the language.
The following themes will be reviewed in the following order during the year. Each unit will last 5-7 weeks:
Repaso de Español 2
- Review vocabulary & grammar
- Refresh and rebuild language skills and comprehension
- Camping, weather, athletics
- Preterit and imperfect tenses
¿CÓMO TE EXPRESAS?
- Types of art, describing art
- Preterit v. imperfect, ser/estar, past participle
¿QUÉ HACES PARA ESTAR EN FORMA?
- Symptoms and remedies, nutrition and fitness
- Commands, subjunctive
¿CÓMO TE LLEVAS CON LOS DEMÁS?
- Personality traits, relationships, conflicts
- Subjunctive with emotion, por vs. para, commands, possessive pronouns
TRABAJO Y COMUNIDAD
- Jobs, related skills, interviewing, volunteering, plans for the future
- The perfect tense, demonstrative adjectives and pronouns, future and conditional tenses